Community Action of Allegan County receives many inquiries from community members or organizations interested in making in-kind donations or hosting collection drives. In-kind donations are distributed to agency clients to assist them and their families. In-kind donations are essential to helping our clients receive critical items for their families without having to expend their limited resources to purchase these items. All in-kind donations are tax-deductible.
Here are some ideas if you would like to make an in-kind donation:
- Children’s books (age 3- to 12-years-old)
- Hygiene items (toothpaste, tooth brushes, shampoo, soap, razors, combs, feminine hygiene items, etc. )
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels)
- New children’s underwear (Sizes 2T to 4T)
- New adult socks (white and black)
- Gift cards for household supplies (Meijer, WalMart)
- Diapers (sizes 1 through 4)
- New or gently used winter gear for adults or children (coats, hats, scarves, gloves or mittens)
- Canned/non-perishable food
- Gift cards to gas stations
- Board games
- Hand sanitizer
- New baby items (clothing, pacifiers, bottles, toys, etc.)
To make a donation or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (269) 673-5472.
For questions about this program, contact Community Action of Allegan County at (269) 673-5472 extension 264.